The function requires knowledge of the (intra-) departmental work flows and processes, of the products offered by Front Office and of the applicable internal and external legislation. The function also requires knowledge and understanding/experience of/with the bank’s credit risk business, policies, rules and guidelines. This is a part-time opportunity based on a 24 hr workweek.
- To complete financial analysis (company profiles), credit and borrower rating applications and other credit related applications and documentation as allocated by Team Head. Focused obligors are not complicated ones among the Japanese customer portfolio.
- To maintain awareness of developing market sector and business trends in Japan, EU/Europe and on a world-wide basis.
- To prepare necessary internal and/or external reports on the credit related business and to communicate about it with relevant credit departments or divisions within the Bank Ltd. group offices
- The review and determination of customer credit ratings on a regular basis to aid overall portfolio analysis.
- Timely preparation of credit applications prior to credit limit renewal dates. This is to facilitate a smooth credit decision making process and avoid unnecessary delays.
- Seek to continuously improve operation practices/processes, with particular attention to the quality of credit risk analysis.
- Support the senior analyst when the instructions given by the senior analyst •To execute any other task or instructions given by Team Head and/or account officers of JCBD in respect of any tasks or work in the interest of the smooth handling of the credit business in the bank.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
Duties: Responsible for the execution of objective analysis in respect of credit granting and credit control and to support account managers and the Team Head with the credit risk management queries while ensuring and providing a high level of (internal) customer service in line with agreed procedures and service standards.
The function forms part of the bank’s Credit Management Division (CMD), which main task consists of credit analysis, administration and control in relation with the bank’s credit and market risk transaction portfolio and customers in order to safeguard compliance with the bank’s credit rules, policies and guidelines as well as the regulatory framework.
- PC skills: Windows, MS Office (Words, Excel. Access, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook
Credit analysis skills: corporate financial analysis skills, understanding the bank’s credit rules and credit rating procedures, regulations and manuals knowledge and skills are to be kept up-to-date by external or internal education and by learning the various internal credit rules.
- Education: The function requires an intellectual and working background at HBO level (professional economic/administrative education) and good understanding of credit and business risks as well as well as financial accounting.
Important: Both verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese are essential.
If you wish to apply for this function feel free to contact James de Bois via the details provided at the top right on this page!