Our client is an international financial institution in Amsterdam and they are currently looking for fulltime assistance per direct!
We are currently looking for assistance in the Risk frameworks within global financial institutions. It is a must that you can demonstrate strong leading experience in setting up Risk Frameworks. Not only operational but also Financial and IT related. You must be able to work well in a multicultural environment where you can expect very little guidance in setting up the frameworks.
- Plan, organize and drive all activities as required for the full implementation of project goals and objectives.
- Ensure that relevant risks are consistently identified, assessed and managed across the organization and in compliance with both internal and external (regulatory) rules, policies and guidelines.
- Maintain bank’s Risk Appetite Statement, including assessing RAS metric effectiveness and coordinating periodic calibration, prepare periodic Risk Appetite Dashboard and report it to the internal committees.
- Perform internal Strategic Risk Assessment and contribute to the process enhancement.
- Maintain bank’s integrated stress testing framework, support stress testing activities and contribute to enhancement of current stress testing processes.
- Implement bank’s risk register and provide expert support / guidance with respect to risk cycles.
- Experience with multiple type of risks, previous experience with strategic risk or RAS development is an advantage.
- Identification, measurement, assessment and mitigation of risks, stress testing and Economic Capital allocation.
- Perform periodic base line risk assessment, contribute to development of risk behavior standards and advice on risk KPIs in performance measurement.
- Effectively challenge and contribute to development of methodologies, standards and tools for risk data aggregation and risk reporting.
- Contribute to enhancement of risk management policy house, including drafting, reviewing and updating policies, guidances, procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure the right resource plans are set up to meet the scope of each project.
- Coordinate and participate in the appropriate work streams and committees.
- Building links for collaborative work and sharing information.
- Engage and ensure participation of all key stakeholders mentioned in the project initiation document.
- Ensure timely preparation of all required documents.
- Ensure and maintain effective and on-going communication with individuals and groups involved directly or indirectly in the project.
- Continually monitor the progress of the projects.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Manage the delivery of projects that involve regulatory requirements.
- Experience in project management, project evaluation and budgeting.
- Very good knowledge of end to end processes and front office workflows.
- Applied knowledge in reorganization strategies and tools, in needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Experience in networking and working with diverse population.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and including report writing, position paper development and publication/presentation of research results.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of managing fast-paced projects, experience in the banking industry would be valued.
- Experience of working in a multi-national and multi-lingual environment would be an advantage.
If you wish to get in touch for this function and discuss you chances or conditions feel free to contact James de Bois via the details at the top right of this page.