For our valued client in Bergschenhoek we are actively looking for a Controller in the financial department to fill in a permanent position on a fulltime base.
To lead the Costing activities for the site, providing timely and accurate management and reporting of all standard costing and manufacturing variances as well as partnering the operations team to drive continuous improvement at the site. Reporting to the Management Accountant, this role will also be responsible for inventory management along with ensuring robust controls and procedures are in place.
• Responsible for Standard Costing for the Manufacturing entity
• Monthly margin and manufacturing variance analysis reporting to Management
• Month-end KPI reporting (e.g. Inventory turns, trends)
• Lead process change to streamline work and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting
• Act as Business Partner for the Operations team, providing financial analysis and appraisal to assist in continuous improvement
• Standard hour recovery tracking and performance review
• Cost and Stock Control
• Coordinate the annual re-cost activity for the site
• Assist in investment appraisals – preparing Expense Requisitions and Capital Expense Requisitions for management
• Inventory accounting – stock reconciliation, Inventory provisions, including coordinating the annual stock count
• Assist with the compilation of management accounts in accordance with Crane requirements and timescales
• Ensure that there are management controls in place which satisfy the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and Crane Policy in your area of responsibility
• Assist/manage various ad hoc finance projects or additional monthly duties as and when required
Minimum Education I Experience Required
• Ideally qualified, part qualified or working towards accountancy qualification.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience (min. 1 to 2 years in a costing role)
• Experience in Manufacturing Costing roles
• Preferably a degree of experience in continuous improvement and Business Partnering
• First rate analytical skills
• High Digital Quotient, including excellent Excel / spreadsheet skills along with ERP experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively perform in multi-functional environment
• Committed with a results-driven ‘can-do’ attitude
Feel free to get in touch for further inquiries about this position via mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06-86089096.